Conestoga Valley School Board of DirectorsProviding quality education opportunities for our students ...
while remaining fiscally responsible to our taxpayers.
The board generally meets the second and third Monday of every month in the Lloyd S. Greiner Board Room at the Harry W. Wirth Administration Center.
Addressing the BoardDistrict residents, taxpayers and parents may speak before the board following the policy outlined below. Nonresidents will need to request, in advance, to be placed on the agenda.
Persons wishing to be on the agenda shall contact the superintendent's office one week prior to the board meeting, giving the nature of the presentation and the name and address of each speaker.
There will be a period for public comment at the beginning of the meeting and a period at the end of the meeting.
Media Personnel: The placement of microphones, lighting and technical equipment shall be approved by the board and be handled in such a manner that the meeting is not disrupted. Electronic recording of meetings is permitted with advance notification.
Guidelines for Addressing the Board:
- Speakers must give full name and address before speaking.
- Each person may speak only once.
- Presenters will be given a maximum of five minutes (individual) or 20 minutes (group).
- No placards, signs or banners are permitted in the board room.
- All comments shall be addressed to the presiding officer. Questions may not be directed to individual board or administrative personnel.
- The presiding officer reserves the right to interrupt, terminate or declare any person(s) out of order if they speak longer than the allotted time, stray away from the stated topic or become loud, obscene, abusive or slanderous.
- The board may set a maximum time for discussion.
School Board Assignments
Act 48 Committee
Buckskin Activities Alliance
Julia Reed, Todd Shertzer
Career & Technology Center Committee
John R. Smucker, Dana Mead (Alternate)
CV Education Foundation
Corporate Sponsorship Committee
John Smucker, Michael Talley
CVSD Business Roundtable
Todd Shertzer, Julia Reed
District Communication Plan
District Safety Committee
District Student Wellness Committee
Technology Advisory Committee
Drug and Alcohol Task Force
IU 13 Board
Idette Groff, Dana Mead (Alternate)
IU 13 Joint Authority
Lancaster County Academy Board
Idette Groff, John Smucker (Alternate)
Lancaster County Tax Collection Board
Phyllis Heverly Flesher, Todd Shertzer (Alternate)
Title I Parent Advisory Committee
CV Regional Rec Plan (ad hoc)